A very easy recipe that kids will truly enjoy!
Every kids would love to see rainbows and colorful stuff and what more if they could eat them, well then, get them Rainbow Cookies! They will be thrilled to see the cookies on their plates as snacks or even for breakfast paired with their favorite milk.
This is also a great cookie decorating idea for group of kids in school, church or with your kids’ friends having a visit at your home.
- 1 dozen sugar cookies
- 1 cup candy coated chocolates
- 1/2 cup edible white pearls
- 2 cups frosting
- blue food coloring
- Bake sugar cookies according to directions. Let cool.
- Add six drops of blue food coloring to frosting. Stir continuously until color is mixed throughout. Add more if needed.
- Once cookies are cool, gently pipe or spread on blue frosting.
- Gently place candy-coated chocolates onto the cookies in a rainbow pattern — red, orange, yellow, green and then blue.
- Gently press pearls onto the bottom of the cookie to create clouds. Use a toothpick to maneuver these beads without smearing the frosting.
And lastly – Enjoy!